If you are looking for a pan for more than just cooking eggs, you can check these best large non stick frying pans. With them you can make fish, curries, vegetables, and more.
What comes to your mind when you think of non-stick frying pans? Chemical coated surface and a throwaway tool, uncomfortable handling, heavy pans, right? I bet not, because now the pans are toxic-free, most of them are suitable for all cooktops and oven-safe.
Whether it is pancake flipping, egg frying, or searing a steak, you must have this kitchen essential.
For this purpose, you need to splurge on a nice, good non-stick frying pan for everyday use. This article can help because a huge variety of frying pans might overwhelm you.
While answering all of your questions, this post of non-stick frying pans contains a list of the best ones out there, their appealing features, buying guide, and so much more.
In This Article
- 10 Best Large Non Stick Frying Pan [MAY 2022 Updated]
- 1. T-fal Heat Mastery – Best Scratch Resistant Pan
- 2. All-Clad E7859064 Hard Anodized – Best 12 Inch Pan
- 3. Michelangelo – Best Copper Nonstick Frying Pan
- 4. Tramontina 80114/537DS – Best Dishwasher Safe Pan
- 5. Calphalon Classic – Best Pan for Making Omelets
- 6. GraniteStone – Best Pan for Oven
- 7. OXO Good Grips – Best Pan for Electric Stove
- 8. Rachael Ray 87631-T – Best 14 Inch Pan
- 9. MICHELANGELO Stone – PFOA and PTFA Free Pan
- 10. Sensarte – Best Pan for Induction Cooktop
- Different Sizes of Non-Stick Pans and Their Uses
- How to Choose a Large Non-Stick Pan
- Large Nonstick Pans FAQs
- Wrapping Up!
10 Best Large Non Stick Frying Pan [MAY 2022 Updated]
Our Top Pick
|1. T-fal Heat Mastery
|2. All-Clad E7859064
|4. Tramontina 80114/537DS
|5. Calphalon Classic
|7. OXO Good Grips
|8. Rachael Ray 87631-T
|9. Michelangelo Stone
1. T-fal Heat Mastery – Best Scratch Resistant Pan
T-fal heat mastery non-stick cookware provides a unique blend of exceptional performance and advanced features for regular, everyday cooking. Size of this superior nonstick pan is 12-inch, large enough to make meal for a family.
Interior of the pans is made of titanium and a stainless steel plate has been installed at the bottom to make it highly robust and durable. T-fal has also integrated a thermal spot indication that glows to indicate the pan is ready for use.
All the material used in the construction of this large non-stick pan is PFOA-free. A plus for these who wants there cookware free from toxic materials.
Handle of the pan is made from stainless steel and has a silicon coating over it which ensures comfort and safety. Handle is strongly riveted that prevent it from wobbling.
You can put the pan in the dishwasher for cleaning but beware, this can affect the durability of its non-stick coating.
The anodized aluminum layer makes it scratch-resistant and corrosion-free. Interior is titanium-reinforced which makes release of the food super smooth.
The shape of the pan is quite convex, though, meaning the center is a bit higher. Still, this is the best deal you can get and it won’t put a dent in your pocket.
- A unique heat indicator that glows when pan is heated
- Superior and scratch-resistant non-stick coating
- Vented tempered glass lid for checking cooking status
- Handle offers firm grip and stay cool
- Pan is slightly raised from the center
- Dishwasher cleaning will reduce its non-stick life
2. All-Clad E7859064 Hard Anodized – Best 12 Inch Pan
With the HA1 collection’s three levels of non-stick coatings, food glides smoothly off the pan without adding oil.
First of all, the model is safe to be used on all cooktops, including gas, electric, and induction, while performing admirably to provide you with maximum versatility.
You have the freedom to use the pan in the oven or under the broiler and it can sustain a temperature up to 500°F.
Next comes the hygiene of the food. All-Clad prioritizes it, and that is why each of their non-stick cookware is coated with toxic-free material that won’t deteriorate or flake off onto your plate.
It has an anti-warp induction-compliant base, which makes it perfect with induction cooktops.
Overall, it provides comprehensive strength and durability and quick clean-up for a hassle-free cooking experience.
Its 10″ size is ideal for a quick breakfast every morning or a superb meal for two in the night. This best 12-inch non-stick pan is perfect for cooking meals for all family members or suitable for dorm use.
After you’ve finished dining, you can hand wash to complete the finest food and cooking experience that you have anticipated. Only the classic stick handle is at an awkward angle, other than that it is good to go.
- Three layers of non-stick coating makes food slide smoothly
- Even heat distribution from one corner to another
- Compatible with all stovetops including induction
- Pan is oven and broiler safe up to 500°F
- Surface is susceptible to scratches if not used as per instructions
- A bit heavy which makes flipping a tad difficult
3. Michelangelo – Best Copper Nonstick Frying Pan
Michelangelo is developing its name globally by combining great craftsmanship, inventive design, and one-of-a-kind quality. The main objective of the brand is to provide German-Standard items to every household.
This 12-inch non-stick copper frying pan is artistically sculpted, extremely non-stick, and warp-resistant, enhancing endurance and cooking quality. For best cooking results, use a moderate flame with minimal oil or butter.
It is constructed with a professional-grade aluminum alloy that transmits heat swiftly and evenly, allowing for accurate temperature regulation and the elimination of hot spots.
There will be no cracking, peeling, or crumbling over the period and its non-stick performance remains the same.
Moreover, the model’s anti-warp construction provides excellent warp resilience, making it an ideal choice for someone looking for a non-stick pan for high heat.
This non-stick frying pan is made for expert use and enables you to make your favorite breakfast, vegetables, chicken, and much more.
Pan’s heat-resistant glass top allows for easy sight of the cuisine from beginning to end. It keeps the flavors and nutrition in the food, ensuring your meal is healthier and more delicious.
The broad stainless-steel handle on this pan is comfortable to hold, easy to handle, and keeps cool while cooking.
The hanging hook on this non-stick frypan makes storage a breeze. One downside is that the pan gets sticky if the food is burnt and is challenging to clean.
- Tri-ply base makes quick and even heat distribution
- Superior and long-lasting nonstick coating
- Flipping of food is easy due to lightweight
- Pan is oven and dishwasher safe
- Metal utensils are not safe for this pan
- Requires a thin layer of oil for super smooth cooking
4. Tramontina 80114/537DS – Best Dishwasher Safe Pan
It all began with a basic concept- a non-stick pan that would revolutionize meal preparation and cleanliness.
Designed with heavy-gauge aluminum and reinforced PFOA-free nonstick layer. This combination makes sure heat distributes evenly, and the surface doesn’t get scratched easily.
Superior reinforced nonstick coating of the pan not only makes release of food effortless but it also makes cleaning a breeze. The pan is safe for all cooktops except the induction ones and is oven safe up to 400 F.
Solid construction of the pan provides anti-warping and a uniform base. So you can expect no wobbling, polling of oil, or warping when cooking at high temperatures.
Stainless steel handle with removable soft grip is strongly attached with three solid rivets preventing handle from getting hot or wobble when in use.
Furthermore, another positive thing that we like about this pan is, it doesn’t react to acidic meals, ensuring that your health is not compromised.
- Made of NSF certified commercial grade aluminum
- Durable and thick non-stick coating
- Stainless steel soft silicone grip handle
- Ideal for frying, scrambling, sautéing, and searing
- Large size makes cleaning a bit difficult
- Not safe for induction stove
5. Calphalon Classic – Best Pan for Making Omelets
Compared to other Calphalon pans, this one comes with slightly flared edges that do not limit it to making eggs or vegetables. You can use it for frying fish, chicken, or steak.
Another benefit of this large pan is it prevents meals from crowding and will allow you to cook your dinners with excellence.
For comfortable handling, a long stainless steel handle is provided, but the issue is it doesn’t remain cool, which is opposite to what the company claims.
Transparency of the tempered glass lid allows you to observe your food while it cooks easily. The pan and the lid both are oven safe up to 450°F, enabling you to effortlessly take it from the cooktop to the oven for baking.
Above all, the pan is suitable for all cooktops, including the induction one.
It must be used with nylon rubber or wooden utensils to avoid damaging the non-stick coating. Although the design is not flawless as the lid does not fit properly, it is still worth the price.
When used in a household and maintained as per instructions, Calphalon will replace any product proved to be defective in quality or construction.
- Dual non-stick coating makes food release extra-smooth
- Even heat distribution due to aluminum base
- Deep enough for frying chicken or fish
- Flat surface prevents pooling of oil
- Not a dishwasher safe pan
- Stainless steel handle gets hot
6. GraniteStone – Best Pan for Oven
This 14-inch largest non-stick pan is best for preparing the meal for the entire family or large gathering.
To provide the best food release, the nonstick surface is coated with three layers and reinforced diamonds. The granite coating is made to be long-lasting even with using metal cutlery.
Although the company says there is no need to add oil, we recommend adding a very thin layer of oil or butter for a better cooking experience.
The exterior of the pan is made with aluminum providing it strength for cooking on high heat and preventing warp and dents.
Cleaning the pan is as easy as pie. You can either hand wash it or put it in the dishwasher. However, washing it in the dishwasher will reduce the life of its nonstick coating.
The pan’s elegant finishing makes it look like a carbon frying pan. With neutral tones and speckled finishing, it can easily blend in with your kitchen decor.
Except for the induction stove, the pan is safe to be used on any cooktop and is oven safe up to a scorching 550 degrees. You can enjoy producing a variety of delectable cuisines with ease.
- Excellent food release due to triple layered coating
- Won’t dent or warp due to high heat
- Pan is quickly shifter to stove from oven and safe up to 550°F
- Can be cleaned by hand or in dishwasher
- Handle get hot, so be careful while handling
- Bottom of the pan is slightly raised
7. OXO Good Grips – Best Pan for Electric Stove
Having three layers of non-stick coatings gives a seamless performance with less oil and is convenient to clean i.e., it only needs hand wash.
This pan is 12 inches in size and weighs slightly under 2.5 pounds. More significantly, the pan’s flat surface uniformly cooks food and leaves plenty of room for ingredients.
Its sides are high enough to keep items contained when you are stirring vigorously.
Pan’s handle is fixed with premium-grade rivets on the stainless-steel frame. It is also easy to hold and remains cool while cooking.
The OXO’s most impressive feature is that fluids or sauces can be easily dispensed thanks to the softly rolled borders.
You can also use this pan for cooking meals that require an oven. However, it is oven safe up to 400°F, which is relatively low compared to Granite Stone that offers oven resistance of up to 550°F.
Even if you use other non-stick skillets with extreme caution, they will eventually wear out, but this one is an exception. You can prepare fish, curries, omelets, vegetables, queso, and much more in it.
Overall, whether you cook frequently or only a few nights a week, the OXO Good Grips Frypan will perform best. It is a fantastic, budget-friendly piece that will immediately become a stovetop standard.
- German engineered three layer nonstick coating
- Coating is free from all toxic materials
- Handle with silicone grip is comfortable to hold
- Highly durable and long-lasting pan
- Not compatible with induction cooktop
8. Rachael Ray 87631-T – Best 14 Inch Pan
Rachael Ray’s 14-inch frying pan adds flair and functionality to the kitchen. This versatile dishwasher-safe pan is ideal for preparing dinner for a group of people. Most importantly, it is oven safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
The pan can cook everyone’s favorite foods thanks to its exceptional performance and sturdily built.
Hard-anodized aluminum used in its construction makes it highly durable. Hence the pan warms rapidly and uniformly, reducing hot spots that might burn the meal, giving you superb results in every food you cook.
In addition, the frying pan’s silicone handle on both sides provides a better grip for rookie chefs. These sides are double riveted for added strength.
The bottom of this biggest nonstick pan is not flat, there is a slight bump, and that’s what we don’t like about this pan. However, it doesn’t wobble the pan when placed on a flat stovetop.
Sleek design and espresso-colored non-stick surfaces, complemented by rustic-colored grips, allows you to prepare a delicious meal for your loved ones.
Moreover, the warranty and impeccable customer service offered by the manufacturer make you satisfied with your purchase. A bit expensive compared to other pans on the list, but this product is a must-have indeed.
- Very durable and long-lasting hard-anodized construction
- Double riveted handles for easy picking of the pan
- Handles are silicone protected which stays cool
- Dishwasher and oven safe up to 400°F
- There is a slight dimple in center of the pan
- Not suitable for high heat cooking
9. MICHELANGELO Stone – PFOA and PTFA Free Pan
This is another unique model from a reliable company, which has been engineered to help kitchen enthusiasts make delectable dishes.
The sturdy three-layer bottom ensures proper distribution of heat from one corner to another and enhances its warp tolerance, which ultimately makes your cooking experience great.
It is dishwasher safe and incredibly easy to hand wash as well because of the wear-resistant finish. However, we don’t recommend dishwasher cleaning because doing so will affect the durability of the coating.
If you are trying a recipe that requires the flipping of food, that won’t be a problem because of the lightweight of the pan.
This 12-inch granite skillet is strongly fixed with two steel rivets that are comfortable to hold.
Another addition is the tempered glass that allows you to check everything from the outside without losing the aroma of the food.
Finally, this nonstick pan can be used on any type of stovetop, including induction. It is also oven safe, withstanding temperatures of up to 450°F with ease.
Michelangelo guarantees that the mineral-rich nonstick coating is exceptionally durable and 100% free from Teflon, PFOA, lead, and cadmium.
- Ultra-smooth and Teflon free non-stick coating
- Heats fast and evenly without any hot spot
- Safe for induction cooktop and oven
- Easy to clean and won’t catch rust
- Metal utensils and dishwasher cleaning will damage its coating
- Be careful pan’s handle get hot quickly
10. Sensarte – Best Pan for Induction Cooktop
Sensarte’s cast aluminum surface is strong and durable, ensuring that your investment will last for a long period.
The base of the pan is made of magnetic conductive stainless steel with a flat bottom. This is to make sure the pan stays firm, and heat distributes evenly.
The pan has a Bakelite handle with an exquisite wood grain finishing. It is designed to enhance the experience of gripping the pan because, unlike steel handles, this one doesn’t get hot.
It works with all stovetops and is also oven friendly upto a temperature of 302 degrees Fahrenheit, which is quite impressive given its low price.
Besides, the perforated frosted glass lids are designed for safety and convenience while maintaining enough heat to achieve scrumptious results in every dish.
Sensarte prioritizes quality and reliability, and they are known for satisfying their consumers and receiving great feedback.
The most crucial feature is that it is extremely simple to clean. You don’t even need a dishwasher; wipe it down with a towel or wash it with water.
- Swiss granite safe and healthy non-stick coating
- Its base heat evenly that food cooks properly
- Can be used for cooking meal for small family
- Long wooden handle is comfortable to grip and stays cool
- It would be great if it has a lid
- Wooden handle adds a little more weight
Different Sizes of Non-Stick Pans and Their Uses
The pan’s size depends on the type of use and the number of people in your household. In the case of cooking stews and sauces, you should be smart enough to consider the pan’s depth. In order to upgrade your cookware, you must be aware of the pan size and its use:
- The small, pot like pans, known as braziers, is mostly used for braised dishes and are made of stainless steel.
- Similar to egg pans but with flat edges, crepe pans are used for crepes and pancakes.
- An egg pan is an essential non-stick frying pan every household should have. The size range is 8 or 10 inches, enough for a single egg fry or omelet.
- With slightly taller edges, a skillet is similar to a frying pan made with cast iron. They are used in an oven or directly on fire during camping.
How to Choose a Large Non-Stick Pan
There is a lot to consider while purchasing a non-stick frying pan, it is important to know the differences between these options. Here is a list of factors to consider which can be your go-to buying guide as well.
Most non-stick pans are constructed with aluminum. These pans are quick to heat but don’t provide even heat distribution. Also, these are not ideal for induction burners.
Some are also made out of triply, which is more helpful to provide even heat. These pans tend to be heavier and more expensive. But unlike aluminum pans, triply pans are good to go on the induction cooktop.
Being an obvious and important factor, you need to know two types of coatings- synthetic coating and ceramic coating. The synthetic coating is PTFE, also known as Teflon, and it repels water. The ceramic coating is silica-based gel. Teflon coating has a longer lifetime than ceramic coating.
The most important thing is the pan should be PFOA-free which means that it is free from perfluorooctanoic acid, a cancer-causing chemical.
Dishwasher and Oven Safe
Be mindful that the pan you’re purchasing is dishwasher and oven safe. Although many companies claim their pans to be dishwasher safe, in my eyes, it is always best to hand wash the frying pans.
For oven safety, first of all, check the temperature the new pan is safe for, it usually ranges from 180℃ to 260℃. You can throw the pan in the oven for browning and heating.
At last, you need to address the elephant in the room. Arguably, no one denies that you get what you pay for. It does not mean you have to spend a fortune on a non-stick frying pan. Instead, what you need to do is to go for a pan that will last you a lifetime. So, please save your money and then replace those inexpensive pans once you start suffering from them.
Large Nonstick Pans FAQs
What are the best large non-stick pans?
- T-fal Heat Mastery – Scratch Resistant Pan
- All-Clad E7859064 Hard Anodized – 12 Inch Pan
- Michelangelo – Copper Nonstick Frying Pan
- Tramontina 80114/537DS – Dishwasher Safe Pan
- Calphalon Classic – Pan for Making Omelets
- GraniteStone – Pan for Oven
- OXO Good Grips – Pan for Electric Stove
- Rachael Ray 87631-T – 14 Inch Pan
- MICHELANGELO Stone – PFOA and PTFA Free Pan
- Sensarte – Pan for Induction Cooktop
Does Olive Oil ruin non-stick pans?
Since it comes off as a residue, olive oil does not ruin non-stick pans. Another reason is that the smoking point of olive oil is about 384°F. Hence you can use it on low to medium heat. Avoid using the aerosol spray as the accumulated permanent residue destroys the pan.
When should you throw away non-stick pans?
It is okay to throw away a nonstick pan if you see scratches or Teflon breakdown. They do not last forever so it is a good practice to replace them after three to five years depending on the quality. Warping and discoloration are other signs to change the pan because not only it harms the taste of the food but flakes can also land in your food.
Are ceramic frying pans good?
Ceramic frying pans are fairly simple to use and they are good enough for various purposes. A bonus point is that these are eco-friendly and eliminates the use of aerosol sprays. These are used virtually in the same way as other frying pans and are healthier for the environment.
How big of a frying pan do I need?
Frying pans come in different sizes, most popular in usage are 8-, 10-, and 12 inches. A 12 inches non-stick pan is large enough for pan-fry foods. To cook an egg, a 10- inches skillet provides heat efficiently.
Which frying pan is best for health?
As mentioned earlier, ceramic frying pans are eco-friendly and hence healthier than others in the industry. The pans with ceramic coatings are scratch-resistant and keep the food’s taste as well as quality the same.
What’s the ideal size of a non-stick pan?
The ideal size is 10 inches for a non-stick pan. It is fairly a versatile size but some cooks find 12-inch sizes more suitable for them. A pan of this size can become much heavier when full. An 8 inches pan is too small unless you cook for yourself only or don’t cook often.
Consequently, it is better to go through different options before landing on one. And since these non-stick pans do not last forever, it is feasible to choose a better option, not the most expensive one. You’re going to throw them away after a few years anyway. The traditional PTFE coating is common in use. Having relentless use will easily ruin these pans resulting in a beyond-repair condition. So by following the above guide, you must be able to make the right choice.