From food processors, cookware to ice cream makers, Cuisinart has cemented its name as a strong contender for kitchen appliances and is the popular choice among consumers. Cuisinart ice cream making machine is listed among consumer reports best ice cream makers due to the efficacy of the machine to churn the creamy ice cream with perfect texture every time without consuming too much time.
Their most affordable models include:
Their upgraded ice cream makers are Cuisinart ICE 70 P1 and ICE 100. Ice 100 model is compressor-based and doesn’t require pre-chilling of the bowl.
In This Article
How to Use Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
Whichever model you buy, you can’t get your frozen treat to your liking and desired texture if you fail to operate the machine properly.
The Cuisinart Ice Cream makers that have a freezing bowl need to be pre-chilled in the refrigerator. So, you will have to plan a day before making the ice cream.
How Long Do I Freeze My Cuisinart Ice Cream Bowl?
- Before using the frozen bowl, always wash it and dry it first.
- Keep your frozen bowl in an upright position on a flat surface in your freezer for at least 16-24 hours.
Note: The bowl has dual insulated layers with liquid inside it. If your bowl is not kept in an upright position, the liquid inside will freeze at an angle and affect your ice cream-making process.
- Lower your freezer temperature to 0 degrees Celsius.
- Keep the bowl in the freezer’s backside, where it is colder.
- Shake the bowl to determine if the liquid inside is frozen. If you don’t hear liquid moving when you shake the bowl, place it inside the freezer again until the liquid freezes.
- Take out the bowl only when you are ready to use it. Otherwise, the liquid inside will start thawing, and your ice cream will not freeze.
Prepare the Ice Cream Mixture
Prepare the mixture for ice cream using the recipe for Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. You can check this ice cream recipe. Keep the ice cream mix into the fridge to chill it. You don’t have to freeze the mixture, but it should be ice cold, so it instantly starts freezing when put in the ice cream maker.
Set Your Cuisinart Ice-Cream Maker
- After the freezing bowl is set and you are ready to make ice cream, take the bowl out of the freezer.
- Place your frozen bowl in the base of the unit. It locks in easily in its place.
- Place the ice cream mixing paddle in the freezing bowl.
- Now, put the lid on the top of the paddle and turn it clockwise to lock it.
- Plug in the cord and start the On/off button.
- The machine will start, and the bowl will begin to turn.
- Now, immediately start pouring the ice cream mix through the sprout. Some people like to pour the ice cream mix before even placing the mixing paddle in it. However, it’s the correct way. Always pour your ice cream mix after the machine is turned on.
- Depending on the recipe, the ice cream will start to thicken, and the volume of the ice cream will increase due to aeration and rotation of the bowl.
- When the ice cream is about to get your desired consistency and texture (5 minutes before completion), add the chunky bits such as nuts and cookies.
Now, many people get confused over one thing when they first start using the ice cream maker.
Is the Paddle Supposed to Turn in Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker?
The paddle in the ice cream maker is not supposed to turn. Only the freezing bowl rotates to churn the ice cream. The paddle’s purpose is only to scrape the frozen ice cream from the walls and mix it thoroughly in the rest of the ice cream.
When your ice cream is ready, scoop it out immediately with the spatula. You can also freeze it for a few hours if you want to harden your ice cream.
Helpful Tips and Safety Features
- Never use any sharp object in the freezer bowl, it will scratch the insides. Use a rubber or silicone spatula to scoop out the ice cream.
- Never put the ice cream mixture above the higher dasher of the paddle. If you overload the mixture, the unit may stop.
- Don’t wash the mixing bowl in the dishwasher. Don’t use abrasive detergent to clean. Always use warm soapy water to clean the components.
- Don’t freeze ice cream in the freezer bowl for longer than 30 minutes. Always transfer and store your ice cream in freezer-safe plastic containers.
Making ice cream at home is fun and easy if you know the proper method of using the ice cream maker. We have explained the correct way of using the Cuisinart ice cream maker, so you can experiment with different flavors and get rich, creamy ice cream.